Sunday, December 29, 2013

winding down on 2013

These are the last of the photos for the year, and for this blog …

I've been walking and riding my bike most every day around the neighborhood.  The pool is getting a bit too cold most days, and I need some kind of exercise to keep me from falling into a funk.  For more than a year my doctors have told me not to walk for exercise.  Now I have a doctor who says that she thinks my bones are strong enough.  It's really good to be back on my bike.

This is one of the sites from the neighborhood ...
 … and this is the fish the John caught with the rod, line and reel that David sent, Oompa's swivel and his own lure.  (John knows the particular lure that the fish in the canal always bite on.)

 View from the back porch of the painted bunting at the bird feeder and bath.  Jubilee tries to keep the squirrels away.

2 comments:

  1. We had six hungry squirrels scrounging for food on a barren tree with red berries on it in the backyard. My two brave pussycats watched half-awake. Not even a chuff (the sounds a cat makes when it sees a bird). If an axe murderer entered my apartment, Bogart will meow plaintively so that he would get petted by him. Jubilee knows his job description.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have real pussycats, Barbara! Jubilee can't even see, but she still stands guard.

      Delete