Monday, September 16, 2013

a new page (or chapter, or something)

We've definitely turned a corner and it's time to get yet another blog going, at least as a place to collect and note what we're doing and seeing and where we are.  As I tell Eric, if you're going to take digital photos you have to collect and store them somewhere, somehow, otherwise they're going to get lost in the shuffle.

I'm not sure if that is what I'm doing here.   If I were a serious photographer, I'd keep up a Flickr site.   That seems like too much work and attention for what I'm wanting to do though.

I need a blog-place to keep track of things, as esoteric and all over the place as things can seem to be.  I'm thinking that I might put more of my introspective writings here, that is definitely all over the place.  But I usually get shy about that.   We'll see how it goes.  Maybe just let it unfold and be what it is.

We didn't know what to name this new blog.  I said "time out", because it does seem as we've stepped outside of "time" as we normally know it.   No alarm clocks in the morning, no going to work for John, no real plans for the day -- or even the week or life itself.   Maybe a general idea, but things turn on a dime.  John also said that "time out" sounds like punishment, and this new phase definitely feels more like possibility and newness than anything unpleasant.

For lack of a better name, I'm leaving TIME OUT up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment