Friday, November 29, 2013

view of Chicago

I wasn't sure if John was going to make it home for Thanksgiving.  First, the snow in Pittsburgh threatened to make the drive to the airport treacherous, but fortunately it wasn't as cold as expected, so that part went smoothly.

Then, John was flying into Chicago and had only 1/2 hour to make it to the last flight for West Palm Beach.  I'm watching all this from my computer and can see that his flight was going to be late getting to Chicago.  I figured he would just have go to his cousin Mary Lou's house in Chicago for Thanksgiving dinner.

Well, they did get to Chicago with just 10 minutes until the connecting plane (in another terminal) was scheduled to leave (on time) for WPB.  They let John and another woman off of the plane first, where he fast-walked and made it!

I didn't get a call, so I watched the plane in real time make its way South, and Jubilee and I set out to get him at about 9:30pm.  He made it home!

2 comments:

  1. What a different world we live in these days! So glad John made it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. I can't imagine that my parents lived through as much change as we have, and especially these last 25 years. Sometimes I think that we are a "transitional" generation. Bridging entirely different worlds.

      Delete