Sunday, October 27, 2013

home again, home again, diggety dog!

There were delays, cancellations.  I began to wonder if we would ever get home.  But we finally got on a plane and left Albuquerque ...
That's Houston down there … (one of our multiple stops)
 Finally coming across western coast of Florida.  We waved to Eric, Dawn and Reighn down there!
 At last to Fort Lauderdale … (wouldn't have found our car in long term parking if I hadn't taken that photo of the palm trees where we waited for the bus!)
Home again, home again, diggety dog!

Finis!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful trip -- even with the return flight problems! Good idea to have taken that photo. I always take a taxi to the airport, but it is not so far away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was late, dark, and we were tired. Neither one of us had a clue where the car was, other than that we had parked up next to a fence. Then I remembered the photo and the palm trees. All we had to do was look for a bus stop with palm trees as you looked up. By the time I remembered that, we were right there!

      Delete
  2. Speaking of diggety dog, how is your pooch? I bet he missed you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jubilee is doing well, Barbara. Yes, she missed us (and I missed her terribly), and for the first few days we were back she wouldn't stop kissing us. She's settled down some now, but still I'm so grateful to have her animal presence around. I don't know what it is, but it seems that we need each other in some strange way. We will be going to San Diego for 5 days (for a family reunion) in 2 weeks, so she will have to house sit again. We have a wonderful young man who looks after her and the house.

      Delete